As a psychiatric nurse practitioner, you will likely encounter patients who suffer from various mental health disorders. Not surprisingly, ensuring that your patients have the appropriate psychopharmacologic treatments will be essential for their overall health and well-being. The psychopharmacologic treatments you might recommend for patients may have potential impacts on other mental health conditions and, therefore, require additional consideration for positive patient outcomes. For this Assignment, you will review and apply your understanding of psychopharmacologic treatments for patients with multiple mental health disorders.
• Review the Learning Resources for this week.
• Reflect on the psychopharmacologic treatments that you have covered up to this point that may be available to treat patients with mental health disorders.
• Consider the potential effects these psychopharmacologic treatments may have on co-existing mental health conditions and/or their potential effects on your patient’s overall health.
Address the following Short Answer prompts for your Assignment. Be sure to include references to the Learning Resources for this week.
- In 3 or 4 sentences, explain the appropriate drug therapy for a patient who presents with MDD and a history of alcohol abuse. Which drugs are contraindicated, if any, and why? Be specific. What is the timeframe that the patient should see resolution of symptoms?
- List 4 predictors of late onset generalized anxiety disorder.
- List 4 potential neurobiology causes of psychotic major depression.
- An episode of major depression is defined as a period of time lasting at least 2 weeks. List at least 5 symptoms required for the episode to occur. Be specific.
- List 3 classes of drugs, with a corresponding example for each class, that precipitate insomnia. Be specific.
tion makes up 73% of the Denton populace followed by Hispanic or Latino 21%, being the second most noteworthy populated race in Denton. Different races incorporate the individuals who are of African American, Asian, Native American, and Local Hawaiian Pacific Islander beginning. Starting around 2016 and 2017, the complete populace of Denton, Texas comprise of 133,383. Denton Female populace makes up larger part of the Denton populace by in excess of 3,000 occupants. Notwithstanding, there are more people between the ages of 22 to 29 that make up a large portion of the male populace. Being that Denton, Texas is the home of two colleges, The College of North Texas and Texas Lady’s College, the instruction socioeconomics show that 31.5% have gotten a Four year certification followed by 15.4% who have gotten a Graduate degree. The remaining comprise of the individuals who acquired a Partner’s Certification, went to some secondary school, or maybe no school by any means. The typical family pay is $76,663 with those beyond 45 years old procuring the most measure of pay and those younger than 25 acquiring the most un-being $30,312. Since the year 2010, the all out percent has expanded/diminished by 4%. There are 16.4% of Denton occupants living in destitution. Denton, Texas is a city living numerous youthful grown-ups. Because of a high populace of youthful grown-ups, Denton is a lot of impacted by physically communicated contaminations with additional cases emerging each year. As per the Texas Branch of State Wellbeing Administrations, there are likewise 9.7 new instances of the HIV contamination in Denton district per 100,000 populace. This showed Denton Area to be the center middle worth. A Denton Province Wellbeing Division representative, XXXX4 says Chlamydia has been the most noteworthy detailed and this disease happens in the age bunch 15-24. XXXX4 recognizes an absence of training in numerous youthful grown-ups. An absence of sexual wellbeing training prompts a rising pace of new sexually transmitted disease cases. In Dento>