1) What are some of the common planning policies and initiatives Middle Eastern cities such as Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates and Doha, Qatar are implementing?
2) What would be interesting to you related to working on planning projects in the Middle East? What opportunities and knowledge do you perceive planners could realize/gain?
3) What are some of the challenges Middle Eastern cities face as they strive to create sustainable plans for future growth?
4) What do you think Western-educated planners can offer to Middle Eastern cities and communities as they work to redevelop older areas and create new world-class districts?
Government Initiatives and Plans:
• Abu Dhabi Forges Ahead with Plans to Create a Cultural World Capital,Jonathan Nettler, http://www.planetizen.com/node/54013 (Links to an external site.) Links to an external site. (read entire article)
• World Class Souq to be Built in Abu Dhabi, Emily Cleland
https://www.thenationalnews.com/uae/heritage/world-class-souq-to-be-built-in-abu-dhabi-1.411619#:~:text=The%20150%2C000%2Dsquare%2Dmetre%20venue,an%20open%2Dair%20performance%20space [thenationalnews.com] Links to an external site..