PRINCIPLES OF ONLINE MARKETING (TRENT UNIVERSITY)
THESE ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ASSIGNMENT. THERE IS A SEPARATE FOLDER ATTACHED WHERE YOU NEED TO WRITE THE ASSIGNMENT. MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW ALL THE DETAILS LISTED BELOW.
Suppose your university (you can take Trent as a case study) is planning to do an online marketing campaign, and they asked for your help. Particularly, they want you to prepare a lead generation system that includes the following tasks:
- Identify the basics
- Write a blog.
- Design a landing page.
For each of these tasks, you must follow the rules, recommendations, guidelines, and good practices in the book and lecture material. Following are more details about each task.
- Identify the Basics
In this task, you only need to identify (mention) the basics of your marketing campaign. This includes:
- The goal.
- Target Audience • You should identify two different groups of audience (Think about targeting different personas or demographics)
- The digital asset • a digital asset is what you want to offer for the leads after registration. Remember that these assets should be free and of valuable content to the potential audience. So, you should not just provide anything for free. For instance, a visitor to a sports equipment shop may not be interested in having free admission to a scientific conference. Think deeply!
You do not have to create a digital asset. You only need to suggest an asset type and tell what it is exactly. For example, if the asset is an eBook. Mention that you will “provide a free eBook about….” Think deeply before identifying these essential components. All your selections must be rational and serve the goal of the organization. Thus, when you suggest an asset, keep in mind the domain, the goal, and the targeted audience of the campaign.
- Write a Blog Article.
For this part, you need to write two blog articles about something related to the domain, goal, and target audience. The following requirements should be satisfied:
- At the beginning of your blog, list the targeted keywords.
- It should be a catchy article following the recommendations provided in the chapter “Attracting Visitors” in the main book and in “Week 3” content on Blackboard. Pay attention to both the content and the title.
- The text included in the blog should be between 750 and 1500 words.
- The two blog articles should have the same goal but different audiences. Think about targeting different personas or demographics). • Remember the essential component that should be included in blogs.
- Design a Landing page Here,
you are required to design a landing page following the guidelines presented in the lecture material. You can design the landing page using any tool. Following are some suggestions of prototyping tools you may use to design the landing page.
- Plasmiq (https://balsamiq.com/)
- Miro (https://miro.com/login/)
** You can use any other tool (you can even design it using Powerpoint slides, for example). Which tool you use is not important; the most important is that you follow the guidelines and best practices and include the important parts of the landing page.