Pros and Cons of Interest Groups, Lobbyists, and Corporations
- Textbook: Chater 7, 8
- Lesson: Read this Week’s Lesson
- Initial Post: minimum of 2 scholarly sources (must include your textbook for one of the sources). .
Initial Post Instructions
For the initial post, respond to one of the following options, and label the beginning of your post indicating either Option 1 or Option 2:
- Option 1:What are the pros and cons of lobbyists as a tool for special interest groups? Should former members of Congress be allowed to become lobbyists? Explain your answer.
- Option 2: Social movements can at times use disruptive behaviors. What are some of the possible benefits of disruptive behaviors in social movements? What are the drawbacks or possible negative consequences? What does the First Amendment state concerning citizens’ right to use disruptive methods? Refer to examples from history as you frame your analysis. Explain your answer.
Be sure to make connections between your ideas and conclusions and the research, concepts, terms, and theory we are discussing this week.
- Minimum of 2 sources cited (assigned readings/online lessons and an outside source) for your Initial Post, and 1 scholarly source for your Follow-Up Post.
- APA format for in-text citations and list of references
- Please see attached Textbook: Chater 7, 8
- This assignment due 11/09/2022