Analyze Choices for Statistical Tests
PART 1 week 6
The purpose of this assignment is to assess your understanding and ability to apply the most appropriate statistical test to the type of data or research question of interest.
In this assignment, you will examine, with examples, the roles the following statements/concepts play in deciding the choice for a statistical test when answering a research or analytic question.
- Assumptions of normality.
- Levels of measurement for each variable in the analysis.
- Type of study you are embarking on. Are you looking for differences, associations or predictions?
- Calculating sample size or power analysis.
Length: 1-2 pages, not including title and reference pages
Resources: Include a minimum of 2 scholarly resources (seminal articles may also be included).
PART 2 Week 6 Determine the Method and Results Sections of Your Signature Assignment
In this assignment, you will prepare a written draft of the Method and Results in sections of your Signature Assignment. The Method and Results sections play different roles in a peer-reviewed manuscript. While the former provides details used to assess the validity of a study, the latter presents data summaries and a description of the study’s data.
As you work on developing the Method and Results in sections of your Signature Assignment, remember to review APA Central, accessible through NCU’s Academic Success Center, and the resources provided this week to get adequate guidance on what constitutes a well-written Method and Results sections. Ensure that these sections have the key elements as recommended.
At the minimum, the Methods Section should address the following:
- Participants characteristics (Hospitals)
- State, city, population served, types of hospitals
- Operational definition of the term provider training
- Operational definition of the term patient satisfaction
- Research Design
At the minimum, the Results Section should address the following:
- Descriptive analysis
- Table with summary statistics
- Description of key summary statistics
- Inferential analysis
- Description of key inferential statistics findings
- Chart showing the relationship between the two variables assessed
Length: 3-5 pages, not including title and reference pages
Resources: Include a minimum of 4 scholarly resources.